Sunday, December 11, 2011

stuck

verb- a simple past tense and past participle of stick.



does a pictures say a thousand words? ......maybe but let me give you 466  more. 
It was a fine October day, Roen was napping, Denali and Miner were enjoying a movie, and I was sewing a Halloween costume. I began to hear the familiar sounds of Miner fussing about something “Nor, NOR, NNNNOOOORRRR” (that’s what he calls me).
 He came to the sewing room with a train track piece firmly planted on his middle finger. I calmly took him to the sink and got it wet, thinking it just needed a little moisture. I pulled and pulled and twisted and tugged some more. It was STUCK!
 By this time his finger was getting more swollen and red and irritated. So I looked to the freezer for something cold, no ice, no ice pack, no frozen peas…but I did have ice cream. I plunged his hand into the tub of ice cream and needless to say it was not his favorite thing. I also tried olive oil, soap, and cooking spray to no avail the track was STUCK.
 Poor Miner was looking at me and crying and then he peed his pants, he just couldn’t hold it anymore. I was trying my best to reassure him that “mommy will fix it, I know it hurts, mommy will fix it” while inside I am saying “what the crap am I going to do to fix this?”
I quickly determined that I needed help, just an extra set of adult hands.  So I hit the street looking for anyone! I must have scared anyone who saw or smelled me, I was covered in thread, oil, soap, ice cream and pee, 8 months pregnant carrying a 4 year old with a piece of wood on his finger.  I found some poor teenager a few doors down and begged him to come help me. He clearly has a big heart because despite my looks he came with me. 
I had him grab my tool bag and we started looking for something to use, we came up with using a drill to start a hole and then a hammer and chisel to split the wood. After a few drill bits that didn’t work and a few pounds with the hammer, Hallelujah we got it off!!!!!!
Miner turned rubbed his finger and started watching his movie again. I made that poor neighbor boy give me a hug and promised him a warm plate of cookies later.
I thanked him a million times and closed the door, went to the bathroom and cried. I tried to keep it cool for Miner that whole time and now all the adrenaline came crashing down and I realized 1) he could have very easily lost his finger 2) that I had way to many fluids on my body that shouldn’t be there and 3)that I had to pee so very badly myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment